The Marton Harvest Festival held at Sir James Wilson Park, is a day to let your hair down, grab your friends and family, enjoy the music and celebrate the harvest season by tasting all the incredible produce from near and far.
With over 150 quality stalls showcasing everything from cheeses, olive oils, gins and wines to pickles, jams, paintings & pots, plants and garden art to jewellery and food products, you will find all the gifts you need for the family and treats you want for yourself. This year we will have a particular emphasis on food and beverage producers in our area and from the wider region.
Marton is the home of Malteurop, a global leader in barley malting for beer, so if you are a home brewer make sure to get your entry into our very competitive home brew competition. We have some great prizes up for grabs this year.
With live NZ musicians playing all the tunes youknow and love throughout the day the ambience of the festival will be a positive toe tapping and knee raising event.
In addition to the usual festival activities there will be the traditianal giant pumpkin competition and of course the infamous pumpkin pie competition.
This is our day to celebrate the incredibly talented artisians from near and far and our day to celebrate our harvest in the myriad forms it takes in our region.
So spread the word, grab the family, join your friends and neighbours and enjoy a fantastic day out with good food, great stalls and fantastic entertainment.
Home Brew Competition
Ales, Largers, Stouts, Ciders and Specialty Brews. Bring your best brew and be in to win amazing prizes.
Every time you drink a New Zealand brewed beer, there's a high chance the malt came from Marton.
The Rangitikei town is home to New Zealand's largest malting factory, Marton Maltings, which is owned by Malteurop - the world's leading malt producer. The Malteurop Group has a presence in North America, Oceania, Asia and 13 European countries, with 24 industrial sites and 830 employees spread across the world.
The plant was built in Marton because of its proximity to a main gas pipeline and State Highway 1. It was also because it was a large barley growing region. About 30 per cent of the barley used by the Marton factory is grown in the Manawatu, Rangitikei and Hawke's Bay regions. The other 70 per cent comes from the Canterbury plains. Every year the Marton factory churns out 42,000 tonnes of malt and uses 51,000 tonnes of barley.
Join us and other brew masters in the home of NZ Malt and get quality feedback from top brewers.
Terms and Conditions Here
For more information email - email@example.com
Were looking for our next sponsorship super stars for 2023. we value our sponsors and are open to customising the way we share your brand..... interested? email - firstname.lastname@example.org